Be prudent, be prepared for the challenges of change work
Changing takes work and has impacts. This affects well-being and our human energies (physical, mental, emotional, spiritual and social). It takes thought and practice to have useful habits to address current and on-going well-being.
Self-care is never a selfish act – it is simply good stewardship of the only gift I have, the gift I was put on earth to offer others. Anytime we can listen to true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves, but for the many others whose lives we touch.
~ Parker J. Palmer
Who is it for?
This workshop is for individuals or teams who want to:
- Thrive in change (life or workscape)
- Be human and caring in fluctuating conditions
- Cultivate caring norms in their workscape culture
Typical participants include:
- A manager and their team who want to instil a collective norm of self-care
- A team of managers who want to address working conditions with a self-care conversation
- A group of individuals (without their managers) who want to introduce more self-care
What does it cover?
The workshop progresses from concepts to practical activities to apply to your life and workscape.
- Making sense of change impacts on personal energies
- Frameworks for relevant self-care decisions
- Practical ideas for personalised self-care
- Conditions of compassion and courage in addressing self-care matters
How will it help me?
You will gain:
- Kindness for yourself as you wake up to the personal realities of change impacts
- Potential to achieve higher and sustained levels of performance
- Framework for exploring your self-care activities
- Insights about when and how self-care might be necessary
- Practical advice for self-care from both long-term and immediate perspectives
- Inspiration to make personal change to your self-care practices
- The challenge to role-model well-being to others during change
- 3-hour session
- Small group (5-12 people)
- Interactive, hands-on group activity
- At your site or off-site; also as telepresence/remote
- Facilitated conversation and personal reflection
- Psychological safety with a sensitive facilitator
- Making real preparation plans to take away and implement
What does it cost?
In-house session: Price on application
What others say
That was a phenomenal session. I loved how much you shared of yourself balanced with helping others to move their own self-care forward! Thank you, thank you!
~ Theresa Moulton, Editor, Change Management Review
Thinking that ‘self care’ was all about discovering my spiritual zen, Helen opened my mind and offered a practical approach to managing that’s different, simple, SMART and tailored to me. It’s so easy and a mistake to forget that continuous support of people on their personal change journey can take a toll. This workshop of discovery was both fun and insightful.
~ Donna Stevenson, Change & Transformation Specialist
Questo’s self-care workshop has stayed with me, in flashes of attention over the months since I attended. The workshop taught me, gently, that self-care is a practical, necessary part of a healthy life, and what I learned is easily applicable and repeatable. It’s as if the session was not a single point of learning, but the start of an important awareness.
~ Anna Kiss-Gyorgy, Change Manager