To help you when navigating new territory and making design choices for change
A collection of resources and tools to use and stimulate thinking: made by the people at Questo, and others whom we recommend.
Made by our people
Team workscape change
Team practices (incorporating some individual practices too)
- Hope-Trust-Compassion-Stability Key Factors for Teams A collation of all Hope-Trust-Compassion-Stability resources in one page including video explanation. Get familiar with the concept and how to apply for improving team experiences.
- To collaborate or not to collaborate Understand the true nature of collaboration, and calibrate to a new effective practice of entering collaborative activity as a team.
- Self-care practices Advice for shaping and implementing self-care practices at both a team and personal level.
- Activity-Time Budget A technique to help you use your precious, finite resource of time wisely in activities that are the most valuable for your work.
- Kindness Policy (DOC) A draft policy document to catalyse and contextulise your team’s thinking on mixing kindness with business.
- Strategies for kindness at work A list of suggestions for mixing kindness with business; for when you want kindness to be ‘how you work’ as a team and organisation.
- Self unLimited™ An approach to self-management and self-leadership for personal workscape .
- Professional Enrichment Planning A technique to planning and implementing activity to achieve professional enrichment, not just development.
- Writing Better Emails Tips and advice for improving the quality of the emails you write so they are better for your readers, and you get the action/response you seek.
- Digital Notetaking and using MS OneNoteTM A look into note-taking activities. Plus features of value in MS OneNote to support those activities and rules-of-thumb for structuring and organising notes.
Making and leading change
For Team Leaders and other change agents:
For Organisational Change Management Practitioners:
Design for Changing Experiences
Design for Learning Experiences
- Learning Event Canvas A tool for capturing and exploring initial thoughts of the design of a Learning Event.
- Learning Design Principles An explanation about Principles and Heuristics to apply in the design and delivery of Learning Events.
Except where noted, the above content is licenced to Questo under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Made by others
Team workscape change
Leading and shaping change
- Culture Map Design tool for assessing, map and designing cultures in organisations.
- Nudge Book by Richard Thaler & Cass Sunstein on ‘decision architecture’ that can nudge people towards best decisions.
Approaches to changing
- Six Principles of Persuasion Explanation and video from Dr. Robert Cialdini describing the 6 Principles of Persuasion explored in his classic book Influence.
- A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making Article by Dave Snowden & Mary Boone about “the Cynefin framework, which allows executives to see things from new viewpoints, assimilate complex concepts, and address real-world problems and opportunities.”
- Conversations of Change: A guide to implementing workplace change Book by Dr Jen Frahm. Helen was interviewed by Dr Jen and appears in Chapter 12 ‘Future of work practices and change management’.
- Hacking for Agile Change Book by Lena Ross. A must-have guide for every change leader and practitioner, with over 50 practical and proven change hacks you can apply in your change initiative on any project type and in any organisation.
- Change Management: The Essentials Book by Lena Ross. Hailed as the “bible of change management”, this is a practical and insightful guide for emerging and seasoned change professionals and leaders of change.